Friday 9 July 2010

Book: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen



For my first book review I have chosen 'Pride and Prejudice' - how could I not when my blog is names after it. Pride and Prejudice was originally titled First Impressions before publishers changed it after the success of Sense and Sensibility.
Many of you will have seen the film or the TV series' that have been made and will therefore know the story and the delights of Mr Darcy. I was, before reading the novel for GCSE, fully prepared to loath the experience, but to my delight I loved it. If you have not read an Austen book it is quite easy to assume that it is written in the stuffy and proper manner of, for example, Charles Dickens (who although great is not known for writing succinctly).
I was releived but also stunned to find Jane Austen's style very contemporary and fascinating. She is witty and her wide variety of funny and engaging characters makes the story a joy to read.


Related Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment